G11 Epoxy Sheets for the Circuit Breaker in Gas Insulated Switchgear
G11 epoxy sheets have a wide range of applications, such as heat-resistant insulating structural parts used for motors and electrical equipment. Today, we focus on discussion of G11’s application in gas insulated switchgears (GIS).
A circuit breaker is an electrical switch, one of the components of a gas insulated metal enclosed switchgear (GIS), used to protect a circuit from damage caused by overcurrent, overload, or short circuit. The basic function of a circuit breaker is to break the current when a fault is detected by a protective relay.
Circuit breakers are composed of the following five types of general components:
1. frame components: used to protect the internal components of the circuit breaker from external factors.
2. operating mechanism: used to open and close the circuit breaker.
3. the contact point: allows current to flow through the circuit breaker when closed.
4. arc-control devices: used to extinguish the arc when the circuit breaker interrupts the failure.
5. releases: used to open the operating mechanism in the event of a long overload or short circuit.
G11 epoxy sheets for the circuit breaker in GIS
The frame components of a circuit breaker are typically made of heat-resistant insulation materials, which will provide the stiffness and strength needed to ensure completion of the interrupting process and achieve the required interrupting rating. They can insulate and isolate the current to protect workers and equipment in operation.
G11 epoxy sheet (aka EPGC203 as per IEC standard), one of the featured products offered by ZTelec Group, is made from alkali-free glass fiber cloth impregnated with epoxy resin by hot pressing technology. With excellent mechanical and electrical properties, G11 is easy to cut and can be manufactured into various shapes of machined parts according to drawings, such as laminated tubes, winding tubes, and epoxy rods etc. The common colors are yellowish-brown and dark green. G11 is ideal for the manufacture of frames, extruded rounded rods, and other structural components used in circuit breakers.
- more+releated article
- 2021-12-23Black G10 Epoxy Fiberglass Laminates for Flexi
- 2021-12-15Insulating Materials for Transformers
- 2021-12-13Insulating Materials for Oil-immersed Transfor
- 2021-12-11Notification of Factory Shutdown During the 20
- 2021-12-03Applications of the Polyimide Film
- 2021-11-17Polyimide Film - the Best Choice for Manufactu
- 2021-11-10Kapton Polyimide Films for Traction Motors in
- 2021-11-09Fiberglass reinforced laminates for body armor
- 2021-11-04Polyimide Separators for Lithium-ion Batteries
- 2021-11-02Introduction to FRP for Wind Turbine Generator